Peter Roberts B Ag Sc
With over 20 years in the field of natural resource management. Peter has managed a wide range of large and complex natural resource projects. He was responsible for the development of the targets and priority actions of the North Coast Catchment Blue Print and Catchment Actions Plans leading the Soils Technical Reference Group developing the soil and land management for the Northern Rivers Catchment Action Plan 2013-2023. Peter has an intimate knowledge and understanding of natural resource legislation, planning and policy.
Peter has highly developed skills in the management of large and complex databases and the use and management of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). He has produced a range of GIS based products and services for a range of clients including the NSW Government, North Rivers Catchment Management Authority, Landcare networks and other non-government agencies.
Peter was involved in the development of the Catchment Information Management System (CIMS) and associated Document Generator tool, as well as representing NRCMA’s interest on the state-wide CIMS Technical Reference Group.
Peter has a broad range of experience in engaging and facilitating community dialogue on local issues through government working groups. He has provided expert input and departmental comment on a range of development activities along the North Coast. During his time with the NSW State Government he have received Departmental training on a range of natural resource planning activities which has provided me with an insight into the requirements of a range of Departments in discharging their responsibilities under New South Wales Natural Resources Legislation.
- Extensive project management skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Well developed professional skills and experience in land/water conservation and remediation;
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office, ARGIS, Crystal Reports, Catchment Information Management System (CIMS) and Land Management Database (LMDb).
- Breadth of experience and familiarity in the operations and processes of both Governmental and Non-Governmental organisations engaged in the natural resource management (NRM) and bio-diversity fields.